TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By submitting your entry to this Accounting Innovation Challenge (“Competition”) you acknowledge that you have read, understand and fully agree with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry to this Competition is open to individuals who are aged 16 years or older
- The organisers of the Competition are CPA Australia and Singapore Accountancy Commission (each an “Organiser” and collectively the “Organisers”).
- Your work should not infringe upon the copyrights of others. Submit original, fresh work. You may reuse code for specific components, but recycling a previous project is unacceptable.
- All team members should be present for the pitching at the Competition virtual finals if you are selected as a finalist, unless there are particular extenuating circumstances. Please check with the Organisers if you have any issues with this.
- Our Competition is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of the following:
- gender identity and expression
- sexual orientation
- physical appearance
- body size
- previous Competition attendance or lack of computing experience or lack of chosen programming language or tech stack
- We do not tolerate harassment of Competition participants in any form.
- Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate at any Competition space whether online or offline, this includes the following:
- presentations, or demos
- any parties associated to the Competition social media
- any other online media
- By entering this Competition, you give us permission to use any photo or video of you captured in the virtual environment used to conduct the event for marketing purposes. You also consent to be contacted by Singapore Accountancy Commission, CPA Australia Ltd., event sponsors, partners and vendors via email, text messages, fax, post or other means for matters relating to the programmes, activities and your participation of the Competition, to give feedback on such matters as well as for the purposes set out in clause 29 below. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, you will inform the Organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Organisers do not accept responsibility and expressly excludes liability to the fullest extent permitted by law for:
- any disappointment suffered by you for taking part or not being able to take part in this Competition
- any loss or damage to any personal property during this series of events of the Competition
- death or any personal injury suffered by you at this series of events of the Competition
- The Organisers may, at its discretion, audit your code to ensure that the work done was your own.
- The Organisers reserve the discretion to change any terms, dates, deliverables or conditions of the Competition at any time.
- The Organisers reserve the right to change the above rules at any time.
- The Organisers reserve the right to substitute or modify the judging panel at any time and for any reason.
- The Competition is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each valid entry will be individually judged based on, amongst other things, relevance, originality and creativity.
- All judging decisions are final and the Organisers will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
- The judges will be under no obligation to provide any reasons for their decision.
WINNERS AND PRIZES
- The Organisers and judges reserve the right to choose five winners at their sole discretion (“Winner”).
- Although not anticipated, Competition rules and prizes may be changed or altered at any time.
- The Winners will be notified via email within three (3) business days on how they can receive their Prize.
- The Organisers reserve the right to request any Winners provide proof of identity to claim a Prize. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- “Intellectual Property Rights” includes in Singapore and throughout the world and for the duration of the rights:
- Participants will retain ownership of their entry.
- In the event that any of the participants decide to commercialise their entry, each participant hereby agrees to grant the Organisers and relevant sponsors the right of first refusal. For the purpose of this paragraph, “right of first refusal” shall mean that prior to entering into any agreement with a third party, such participant shall give written notice to the Organisers and/or relevant sponsors of the terms and conditions which the participant is then prepared to accept from such third party, and the Organisers and/or relevant sponsors shall have the right, within forty five (45) business days of such notice, to give written notice to the participant that the organisers and/or relevant sponsors elect to enter into an agreement with the participant on those identical terms and conditions, in which event the participant shall enter into an agreement with the organisers and/or sponsors on such terms and conditions.
- By entering this competition, each participant acknowledges and agrees that Organisers may obtain many submissions in connection with this Competition and/or other marketing initiatives or challenges staged and/or offered by Organiser (“Submitted Ideas”), and that such submission may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Submitted Ideas or other materials developed by Organisers or any sponsor. Unless prohibited by law, each participant waives any and all claims against Organisers and any sponsor and/or any other participants/teams of the Competition that any submission and/or other works (including videos) accepted, reviewed and/or used by organiser and any sponsor or other participants may be similar to his/her submission, or that any compensation is due to such participant in connection with such submission or other works.
- Each participant grants the Organisers and sponsors a non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use the information contained in their entry for all purposes necessary to manage and conduct the Competition and to advertise and promote the Competition.
(a) any patents, utility models, copyrights (including future copyright), registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks, trade names, brand names, layout-design rights, registered designs and commercial names and designations;
(b) any invention, discovery, trade secret, know how, or confidential, business, scientific, technical or product information;
(c) any other rights resulting from intellectual activity in the commercial, industrial, scientific, literary and artistic fields and whether dealing with manufactured products or services; and
(d) any letters patent, deed of grant, certificate or document of title for anything referred to in paragraphs (a), (b) or (c) of this definition.
- The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any participant/team if they believe the participant/team has breached any of these terms or provided false or misleading information in its entry, or if the participant/team displays any behaviour which the Organisers deem inappropriate.
- In the event that any participant/team is disqualified from the Competition, the Organisers may withdraw any award or prize awarded to that participant/team and publicise that withdrawal.
- The Organisers, in their sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement participant/team should be selected. In this event, any further participant/team will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant/team and will be subject to these terms.
- Each participant’s personal information that is collected by the Organisers or their appointed vendor for this Competition (“Personal Information”) is collected and used to:
- conduct the Competition;
- process the participant’s entry into the Competition;
- identify the participant as a Competition Winner (as applicable);
- award the participant any Prizes (as applicable);
- facilitate future competition marketing campaigns;
- conduct analysis or market research;
- provide participant with information on the Organiser’s partners/affiliation products and services; and
- generally provide participant with information on the Organisers’ products, services, events or Competitions.
- The Organisers may disclose the participants’ Personal Information to external service providers to which the Organiser has contracted out functions such as printers, mailing houses, IT companies and media and advertising companies, but only for the purpose set out above in Clause 29. The participants’ Personal Information may be transferred or stored outside the country where the information was collected for the purposes stated above.
- The participants have the right to access or correct their Personal Information the Organiser holds about them (subject to any applicable legal exceptions) and can do this via the “Update my profile” service on the Organiser’s website at www.cpaaustralia.com.au. The Organiser will generally provide the participant with access to their Personal Information.
- If a participant does not provide the Organiser with the Personal Information requested, or if the participant provides the Organiser with inaccurate Personal Information, the Organiser will not be able to process their entry into the Competition.
- The Organisers will not be liable to any person or organisation (including participants), subject to relevant jurisdictional regulations, for cancelling or postponing the Competition if such cancelation or postponement: (a) is beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, pandemic, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism; (b) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition; or (c) in the reasonable opinion of the Organisers, the Competition may harm the Organisers’ reputation or cause or likely to cause the Organisers to breach any arrangements with third parties or any regulations or legislation.
- Subject to any liability which cannot be excluded at law, the Organisers, and each of their related bodies corporate, officers, employees, agents and contractors will not be liable for any loss or damage (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) whatsoever which is suffered by any participants, Winner(s) or any other person associated with this Competition, that arises out of or is connected with this Competition and/or the Prize including, but not limited to; (a) any personal injury or death arising from the Prize or the Competition generally; (b) any incorrect or inaccurate information associated with this Competition; or (c) any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of Entries.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com if you are concerned about any of these statements and how they may apply to you.