TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Your work should not infringe upon the copyrights of others.
- Submit original, fresh work.
- You may reuse code for specific components, but recycling a previous project is unacceptable.
- All team members should be present for the pitching at the Accounting Innovation Challenge finals if you are selected as a finalist.
- All judging decisions are final.
- Our hackathon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of the following:
- gender identity and expression
- sexual orientation
- physical appearance
- body size
- previous hackathon attendance or lack of computing experience or lack of chosen programming language or tech stack
- We do not tolerate harassment of hackathon participants in any form.
- Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate at any hackathon venue, this includes the following:
- presentations, or demos
- any parties associated to the hackathon social media
- any other online media
- Hackathon participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the hackathon at the discretion of the hackathon organisers.
- By attending this event, you give us permission to use any general crowd photos /videos you appear in for marketing purposes. You also consent to be contacted by Singapore Accountancy Commission, CPA Australia and its sponsors and partners via email, text messages, fax and/or post for matters relating to Code for Asia’s programmes and activities as well as to give your opinion/feedback on such matters. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, you will inform Code for Asia at hello [at] accountinghack.sg.
- The organisers do not accept responsibility and expressly excludes liability to the fullest extent permitted by law for:
- any loss or damage to any personal property left unattended during this series of events
- death or any personal injury suffered by you at this series of events
- We may, at our discretion, audit your code to ensure that the work done was your own.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the above rules at any time.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to choose the winners at their sole discretion.
- Although not anticipated, competition rules and prizes may be changed or altered at any time.
Intellectual Property Rights
- “Intellectual Property Rights” includes in Singapore and throughout the world and for the duration of the rights
- (a) any patents, utility models, copyrights (including future copyright), registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks, trade names, brand names, layout-design rights, registered designs and commercial names and designations;
- (b) any invention, discovery, trade secret, know how, or confidential, business, scientific, technical or product information;
- (c) any other rights resulting from intellectual activity in the commercial, industrial, scientific, literary and artistic fields and whether dealing with manufactured products or services; and
- (d) any letters patent, deed of grant, certificate or document of title for anything referred to in paragraphs (a), (b) or (c) of this definition.
- Teams will retain ownership of their entry.
- In the event that any of the participants decide to commercialise their entry, each participant hereby agrees to grant the organisers and relevant sponsors the right of first refusal. For the purpose of this paragraph, “right of first refusal” shall mean that prior to entering into any agreement with a third party, such participant shall give written notice to the organisers and/or relevant sponsors of the terms and conditions which the participant is then prepared to accept from such third party, and the organisers and/or relevant sponsors shall have the right, within thirty (45) business days of such notice, to give written notice to the participant that the organisers and/or relevant sponsors elect to enter into an agreement with the participant on those identical terms and conditions, in which event the participant shall enter into an agreement with the organisers and/or sponsors on such terms and conditions.
- By entering this competition, each participant acknowledges and agrees that organisers may obtain many submissions in connection with this competition and/or other marketing initiatives or challenges staged and/or offered by Organiser (“Submitted Ideas”), and that such submission may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Submitted Ideas or other materials developed by organisers or any sponsor. Unless prohibited by law, each participant waives any and all claims against organisers and any sponsor and/or any other participants/teams of the competition that any submission and/or other works (including videos) accepted, reviewed and/or used by organiser and any sponsor or other participants may be similar to his/her submission, or that any compensation is due to such participant in connection with such submission or other works.
- Each team grants the organisers and sponsors a non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use the information contained in the entry for all purposes necessary to manage the event and to advertise and promote the event.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to substitute or modify the judging panel at any time and for any reason.
- The decision of the judges shall be final and non-appealable and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges will be under no obligation to provide any reasons for their decision.
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any participant/team if they believe the participant/team has breached any of these terms or provided false or misleading information in its entry, or if the participant/team displays any behavior which the organisers deem inappropriate.
- In the event that any participant/team is disqualified from the event, the organisers may withdraw any award or prize awarded to that team and publicise that withdrawal.
- The organisers, in their sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement team should be selected. In this event, any further participant team will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant/team and will be subject to these terms.